Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A massive deadly virus sweaped over earth living only one percent of the population intact. Can the remaining survivors rebuild?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» One Call Away
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:18 am by Dorian Leventhal

» Turning Over a New Leaf
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 am by Dorian Leventhal

» New Alliances, Old Plans
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 pm by Madison Isaac

» The March North
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 7:55 am by Dorian Leventhal

» Emma Frost WIP
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:45 am by Madison Isaac

» Character Backburner
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm by Madison Isaac

» Game of Thrones Lore and Locations
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 9:00 pm by Madison Isaac

» Family Reunion
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 8:23 pm by Dorian Leventhal

» Devon Blackmere WIP
New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:02 am by Madison Isaac

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Free Search Engine Submission
Free Search Engine Submission
RolePlayGateway Potter's Army
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Survivors on your social bookmarking website

New Alliances, Old Plans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dorian Leventhal

New Alliances, Old Plans Empty
PostSubject: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Nicholas stared out the window of his carriage. He didn’t like small, confined spaces. If it was just him in the carriage, it would still be cramped but at least it would be bearable. His fourteen-year-old son, eleven-year-old daughter, and his late wife’s handmaiden also rode in the same carriage. It was much too cozy in there for his liking... which is why he focused on the window and the small measure of air and comfort it gave. This was the price he paid for being concerned about the welfare of anyone closely connected to him.

Vera, the handmaiden, sensed her Lord’s distress and placed her hand on his shoulder. Nicholas started and set a sharp brown-eyed gaze on her, then to her hand, and back into the handmaiden’s eyes once more. ‘What are you doing...?’ his eyes seemed to say. She lowered her eyes in apology and removed her hand from him. Nicholas watched her for several seconds before turning his attention once more to the window.

“I expect the both of you to be on your best behavior,” Nicholas said to his children, taking a fraction of a moment to glance at each of them. “This trip to Riverstone is a means to secure and renew alliances... even if we succeed, we must be careful about whom we trust. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Papa...” murmured Caprice.

“Yes, Father,” nodded Liam.

Nicholas’s attention was diverted from his children when he heard one of his guards speaking. He turned his head in the direction of the sound, but was met by the four small walls of the carriage. The Lord’s lips pressed together into a thin line as he returned his gaze to the window. He bent slightly in an attempt to get a better angle of sight, so he might see where along the road they were. Stone walls were somewhat encouraging. He spied his squire not far from the carriage and summoned him. “Where are we? Why have we stopped?”

The squire glanced to the front lines of Blackfyre troops, and then back to Nicholas. “We are at the gates of Riverstone, My Lord. The guards are speaking to Ser Therein, who’s only just allowed us entry. We’ll be moving again soon, My Lord.”

“Good man.” Nicholas dismissed the squire, sat back in his seat, and closed his eyes. “Thank the Gods we’re close neighbors with Riverstone,” he muttered under his breath as the carriage started moving again. The time it took for his complement of soldiers and his carriage to enter the city and ride up to the manor seemed to take an eternity. A sigh of relief left his lips when one of the guards opened the carriage door. Nicholas turned to Vera, and gestured for her to exit first. “Please... ladies first.”

Vera gave him a withering glance and stepped out of the carriage. Caprice started to stand, but Nicholas held up a hand to pause her. “Not just yet, darling. Let me...” Nicholas rose and stepped out of the carriage. His first instinct was to take a large breath of fresh air, but as he did so he glanced around for even the smallest hint of danger. When he found none, he waved his children forward. “It’s alright. Come on, now...” Nicholas held his daughter’s hand as she hopped from the carriage to the stone walkway, and put the girl’s hand in Vera’s once he was certain Caprice was steady on her feet. He offered no such assistance to his son, and instead made his way up the stairs to Silvertongue Manor.

Maester Iestyn stood by the door to greet them. “If you’ll please follow me, my Lords and Ladies...”

Nicholas offered a polite nod before following the man into the main hall of the manor. “Thank you, Maester.”
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 11:46 pm

Elias once again sat in the Hall waiting to meet with Lord Blackfyre, he still felt to small for the chair but he wasn't quite as nervous in it anymore. He was getting used to the feeling. Beside him his mother stood at his right. She had told him a bit about Lord Blackfyre that he was the First of his name in nobility and he got there by making himself quite a large fortune. He was also aware his father and this man had dealings in the past before he died. What those dealings were, he wasn't so sure on or even if this meeting had anything to do with it. But he was curious what Lord Blackfyre was like.

He looked at his brother for a moment who was at his left. He wasn't sure what Micha knew about the meeting either. But if he had any thoughts to add he would gladly hear them. " Did you ever meet Lord Blackfrye Micha?" he asked curious.

Joanna patiently awaited for Nicholas Blackfyre to arrive, he was a powerful ally to have if they could secure an alliance like this it might even give the Frosts pause in thinking of causing trouble with them.. Possibly anyway.. She looked to her daughter Lizzie, who looked very much like she didn't want to be there. She sighed patted her shoulder to encourage the girl to perk up.

Lizzie had no idea why she had to be here. usually if she had the slightest interest in a Lordly meeting she stayed out of sight and listened to meeting herself but her mother insisted she attend
this evening. So here she was dressed in one of her better dresses with her her hair done you in a fancy way. She was sure she looked ridiculousness. She stood straight at her mothers urging but said nothing more of it.
Back to top Go down
https://survivorsofearth.rpg-board.net
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 12:38 pm

Micah stood to Elias’s left, as per his duty as Sentinel. Sir Therein was outside maintaining the perimeter with what few troops they had left, and honestly Micah was glad for that. The older man knew very little or nothing at all of humor... let alone how to best speak with Elias. The latter was a thing only a sibling or trained diplomatic advisor would know. Sir Therein was neither. Micah wasn’t certain what was so important that another Lord had to arrange a meeting just now, when they were at their weakest. They didn’t need diplomacy just now – they needed action, with as many troops as they could spare to fortify their territory and make their rivals think twice before trying to invade.

He glanced at Elias only to find his brother was also looking at him. “Erm...” Micah scratched the back of his head in thought. “He and father talked in person at least once a season... first time I ever met him, I asked who broke his nose,” Micah chuckled at the memory. “Never did find out who hit him, or if he was just born like that.”

Micah placed his hand on the top of Elias’s chair and adopted a more casual stance at his brother’s side. “Last time I saw him was a few months before I was exiled. But it was all about business, gold, land... boring stuff. Connor once told me that Lord Blackfyre reminded him of a weasel. Never really knew what he meant by that... Suppose he can’t be all bad, though, or Father would never have stood for him visiting so frequently.”

Maester Iestyn nodded to the guards, who opened the double doors to the main hall. He stood out of the way and ushered Lord Blackfyre, Liam, and Caprice to go ahead. Iestyn followed behind and off to the side from them, until they were within earshot of the young Lord and his family. “My Lord Elias, Lady Joanna... I present Lord Nicholas Blackfyre and his children, Lord Liam and Lady Caprice. ... Lord Blackfyre: this is Lord Elias Silvertongue, son of Oran; his mother, Lady Joanna, and siblings Lady Elizabeth, and Sentinel Micah.”

Nicholas surveyed the hall with interest as they approached. Although Nicholas feared nothing from the Silvertongues he took notice of how many guards were present and how many doors branched off the hall. Brown eyes settled on the seated young Lord, flicked over to Joanna, then to Elizabeth, and finally to Micah before returning to focus on Elias again. “An honor and a pleasure to visit Riverstone once more. Thank you, my Lords and Ladies, for receiving us,” he said, punctuating his sentiments with a polite bow. Liam did the same. Caprice started to mimic her father and brother, then remembered herself and curtseyed instead.
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Elias stood form his chair to greet Lord Blackfyre and his children. His son looked the same age as himself and his sister and his daughter perhaps a little younger then them. "Welcome to Riverstone Lord Blackfyre, it is always and honor to meet one of my old fathers friends for myself" he welcomed and bowed his head back to them.

Joanna bowed her head slightly as well to Nicholas, she wanted nothing more then to get to the heart of the reason of this visit. An alliance with Blackfyre could give them the boost in power they needed. With the military power of Whitewood, the Diplomatic power of Riverstone merged together with the money from Blackfyre.. Northpeak couldn't touch them... Well they could try but with the influence they held even the crown would take notice if the North broke out in war.. A Marriage alliance between Elizabeth and Liam could be what they needed..

"Perhaps you would like to share our table in the dinning hall Lord Blackfyre? We might talk more freely there" She said motioning to the great hall as the room beside them.

Elizabeth remained silent and watched the goings on she still didn't understand why she had to be here.. there were many other things she would rather be doing then this.She did eye Blackfyres Children curiously though, and wondered what they were like.

Elias wanted to get on with it as well, he wanted to get to know the man and if he really was one he could trust and call friend or not. "I am sure the trip was a long one, you didn't encounter any trouble on the road? By our reports the road from the North is being watched by Northpeaks men.." he said stopping himself from saying to much of Northpeak. The tension between Riverstone and Northpeak was high he had to watch what he said.
Back to top Go down
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Nicholas smiled at the words of welcome, and he allowed the expression to reach his eyes. He regarded the young Lord with respectful neutrality and wondered just how sincere those words were. This wouldn’t be the first political nicety either one of them had endured. However, given the tragic losses of Lord Oran and eldest heir, Connor, it was possible the young man’s words were genuine. The Silvertongues needed support, and House Blackfyre needed to consider its future in this game of thrones.

“We would be honored, My Lady...” Nicholas replied and stepped into the great hall.

Liam approached Elizabeth, and offered his arm. “My Lady Elizabeth...”

Caprice walked by her brother, and stopped near Micah. The little girl craned her neck in order to look at him. “Wow, you’re tall!”

Micah chuckled at the girl. “And you’re adorable, Little Lady Blackfyre.”

Caprice frowned. “I’m not little.”

“Of course you’re not,” said Micah.

Nicholas kept one ear trained on his children, ready to correct them if necessary, and the other on the conversation at hand. He focused his attention on Elias and his question. “It was long... but we encountered very little trouble. A Lady of House Vaele was on her way to Northpeak, and my archers did notice some scouts of the North several hours before we arrived here... but they withdrew from sight before we could make any inquiries. They would have been fools to give my men any trouble.”
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Elizabeth looked at Liam for a moment and took his arm in return, "Lord Liam.." she replied and walked with him to the Hall. She laugh slightly at the interaction between her brother and little Caprice, she already liked the girl. She did take note the girl didn't deny she was adorable.

She listened when Lord Blackfyre recalled their trip and she found it curious what a Vaele would want from Northpeak. "Thats a long ways North for a Vaele" she commented on the curiosity of it.

Joanna found it curious as well, as it was most concerning considering the Reputation of the Vaele family for marring off all the Ladies. With no male heir that is the only power card they held.. and Lord Frost she would bet anything he was trying to find a wife for his son as well.. If the Frosts held power of the port in the Fingers. It was hard to say what could happen. She nodded to Nicholas's findings of the Northmen not giving them trouble. "It was not their purpose, But the Frosts likely know you are here" she said taking a seat next to Elias.

Elias took his seat at the head of the table and motioned for Lord Blackfyre to sit at the other Head of the table if he so wished. The table wasn't overly large so they all could sit at the square table without anyone being to far away. Everyone had a goblet at their place, there was a jug of water and one of wine in the center of the table as well as a display of food, bread and salt were the basics a symbol of guest right that no harm would come to them with in their walls.

There was also fruit, bacon, stew and potatos in bowls on the table as well. Not enough that could be called a full dinner but enough so they could eat a little and talk at the same time.

"If you are hungry after the trip Lords.. and Lady Blackfyre's you are welcome to eat while we talk" he said looking between Lord Blackfyre and his children. It was his hope that they could talk more comfortably this way. He found talking so formally for to long was.. exhausting. He only hoped Lord Blackfyre didn't mind the more causal negotiations. Also he wasn't sure he knew exactly what to talk about first.. or if Blackfyre had a agenda of his own...
Back to top Go down
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 1:03 am

Liam smiled at Elizabeth’s reaction to his sister, but didn’t comment on her antics. The conversation quickly turned to politics – a topic he wasn’t very good at. “She didn’t look too happy about heading North, either. Then again, I wouldn’t be too happy to be going from the warmth of the coast to the harsh winters up in Northpeak...” He had a feeling it was more than just the weather, but he decided to leave that sort of talk to his father.

“It’s most likely the Lady Vaele we encountered was on her way north to secure an alliance through marriage. Certainly not uncommon of them to marry off their daughters the moment they come of age,” Nicholas said as he took his seat at the other head of the table, when Elias offered him to do so. He smiled and nodded to Joanna. “A slightly troublesome thought, but the Frosts in all likelihood only have one piece to a much larger puzzle. I’m quite happy to let them stew on what they think they might know...”

Brown eyes swept across the table at the arrangement of food and drink that had been prepared for them. He took particular note of the bread and salt – symbols just as much as they were foodstuffs. It seemed the young Lord had learned the social graces of the nobility more swiftly than Nicholas himself had retained them. Nicholas nodded at the offer to eat while they talk. “Your generous hospitality is greatly appreciated, My Lords and Ladies. Thank you.”

Liam and Caprice followed suit with a nod. “Thank you.”

The children proceeded to go about a silent prayer of thankfulness for the food. Nicholas did not, focusing instead on pouring goblets of wine for himself and his son. He focused his gaze on Elias. “I think we should begin with a toast...” Nicholas lifted his goblet, and continued while the others poured their drinks. “Here’s to old friends, renewed alliances, and abundance everlasting for both of our Houses.”
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:54 pm

Elizabeth made a face at the thought of the Vaele girl going to marry Richard Frost.. "I wouldn't be happy if I was had to marry Richard Frost either.." she said shaking her head, she had met the young lord before and even then he wasn't very polite. "He is as cold as his name is.." she said taking a sip of wine. Elizabeth had a mild interest in news of the actions of other houses, she felt sorry for the girl if she indeed had to marry the young Lord.

Joanna eyed Elizabeth wondering how the girl was going to react to the idea of getting married in general, she's regret making the girl unhappy but there maybe no other choice. "Sometimes that is how ruling politics work Elizabeth" she replied.

She nodded to Nicholas, he did have a point assuming the Frosts stew on anything like that at all.

When is came to praying at the table Joanna simply looked down at her plate for a moment.. Ever since the death of her husband and eldest son she hadn't talked to the new or old gods. Didn't really see the point. But for the sake of her children who both closed their eyes for a prayer she played along.

Once the prayer was done Elias lifted his cup and nodded to Lord Blackfyre "I second that Lord Blackfyre.. I may not be my father but I have hope we can forge an Aliance so that we may both be happy.."
Back to top Go down
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Nicholas smiled, causing creases to form at the outer corners of his eyes, and took a sip from his goblet to seal the toast. “Your father’s blood runs through you. I’m certain you will be just as great a Lord as he was... One of fate’s greatest surprises is often the underestimation of a man’s measure based upon their age.” A single brown eye twitched... perhaps a discreet wink to go with the sly smirk that now stretched the older man’s lips.

“I’ve heard people call Richard Frost ‘The Stormborn’ because he was born during a blizzard,” chirped Caprice, intrigued to talk boys with another girl close to her own age. “I think it’s silly to have a scary name because of something like that. It would be like calling Liam something like ‘The Poppy Child’ because he was born when the poppies started blooming.”

Micah snorted back a laugh. Liam’s cheeks went a shade of pink.

“That’s enough, Caprice...” murmured Nicholas. It was a half-hearted rebuke caught between being chastising and a mouthful of stew. Although he spoke to his daughter, the man’s brown eyes focused on Elizabeth. Perhaps it was just the topic of their rival that made her averse to the thought of marriage... or perhaps this arrangement would be trickier than he’d anticipated.

His focus shifted to Elias and Joanna. “I’d like to take this time to get acquainted... or reacquainted, respectively... and form something of an itinerary. I would wish to speak with you at a time and day of your convenience, Lord Silvertongue, to discuss business...”
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Elias smiled slightly at Lord Blackfyres words and smirk towards him, it felt encouraging to hear that from someone who was not a member of his house. Perhaps this alliance could work after all, if it could be secured his position in Riverstone might not look so helpless.

Elizabeth was so amused and focused on little Caprice that she didn't notice the lords eyes on her, nor did she expect there to be. As far as she knew he was here to speak with Elias and her mother about lordly things.. that had nothing to with her.

However her mother did notice Lord Blackfyres gaze on her daughter. She doubted Elizabeth meant she had the same aversion to all marriage, she was a very impressionable young woman and she had a dislike of the young lord of Northpeak so she spoke her mind. Her daughter still had much to learn, she made it a point to talk to her about the idea of marriage later after this meeting.

Elias nodded "Of course Lord Blackfyre after you feel we are done here we can talk in my study if you wish" he proposed feeling slightly more comfortable now.

Elizabeth perked up "Can I take Liam and Caprice on a tour later Lord Blackfyre?" she asked thinking it might be fun to show them around her home while they talk about stuff they obviously didn't want to talk about here.
Back to top Go down
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Nicholas nodded to Elias's proposal. "Very well. I would like to discuss a couple of other matters, with everyone present, before retiring to the study..."

Brown eyes focused once more upon Elizabeth at her query. "If it would please you, My Lady; I'm sure Liam and Caprice would enjoy a tour."

Liam and Caprice both nodded. Caprice started to leave her chair, but paused when she saw no one else move. The little girl blushed, sat back down, and continued to pick her favorite bits out of the stew in the bowl before her.

Nicholas took a sip of wine, took a few moments to think, and settled his gaze next on Joanna. "My late wife's handmaiden would be a willing chaperone for Lady Elizabeth and my son during our visit; though if you have another individual in mind, I will respectfully defer to your preference on this matter, Lady Joanna."
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Elias took a sip of his wine as well and looked back at Nicholas wondering what he wished to discuss first. A part of him wanted to get to the point, to the core of this meeting now that the pleasantries were done.

Elizabeth smiled at Caprice, the younger girl reminded her of herself when she was younger. "I will show ya all the neat places here in the manor. Perhaps even a few secret passages." she said in a hushed tone at the table.

Joanna lifted her hand and nodded "The handmaiden may if that is your wish Lord Blackfyre" she said she wasn't going to be picky over a chaperon. Besides this was Elizabeth's home, she was in no safer place.

"What matters would you like to talk about first Lord Blackfyre?" Elias asked curious how they might start off the plans for their hopeful alliance. This was his first time in talks for an Alliance with anyone like this. He had to admit he wasn't sure what to bring up first yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Alliances, Old Plans   New Alliances, Old Plans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Alliances, Old Plans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Survivors :: Alternate Universes :: Game of Thrones-
Jump to: